February 11, 2014

Prosper!

Today I read Psalm 1:1-3. As I reflect on this Psalm, I asked myself, what does God mean when He says that whatever I do will prosper? There were times in the past when I followed and tried to do the best I can as a christian on a certain endeavors but still experienced failure.

Then it hit me. I realized that when the bible says "everything you do shall prosper", it does not mean immunity from failure or even difficulties. Prosperity in scriptures is when God's wisdom is applied to our lives, then the fruit it will bear in us will be good and prosperous. Sometimes we just don't know it yet. This is the kind of goodness and prosperity that will merit God's approval.

Therefore when we are tempted or when we are lured for wealth or satisfaction via evil means, we must not be corrupted and remain pure in our hearts. This is pleasing to God and will ultimately lead to prosperity in God's perfect time and manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment