February 12, 2014

Don't Live a Day without the Lord!

I love telling stories so let me begin by telling you a story.  Once my wife and I were having this conversation over breakfast and we came to a topic on the inevitables in life. On the matter of death, my wife said that to her she would like to die an instant death- no pain, no worries. Then she asks me, “How about you? How would you like to die?” I said, “I would like to die one day after you die because “I can’t Live a day without you!”

This statement of love is so true when it comes to our relationship with Him. Let me rephrase this statement- “LORD, I can’t live a day without you!”

Can you even think or imagine if God would leave us to our own selves? Someone once said, “Seven days without God makes one weak.” What would this week be like? It would be Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Frightday, Shatterday and Sinday.

Friends, the truth is, If GOD departed from us, We’d practically and literally be DEAD!

Colossians 1:16-17
For by Him all things were made, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, authorities, lords, rulers, and powers; all things were made by Him and for Him; He is before all things, and in Him all things have being.”

The good thing about God’s amazing grace is even those who think that they can live a life apart from God receive their sustenance from Him:

Mathew 5:45 says “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous”

For believers, God is in your heart ready to guide you and convict you if need be. For non-believers, God is watching and waiting for you to respond to His invitation so that He can  pour out His blessings upon you.

Don’t even think about living a day without the Lord in your life.


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment